Indoor riding school in the peaceful countryside
With a wealth of experience, we cater for beginner to advanced riders. Here at Plum Pudding Riding School all ages and abilities are welcome.
Please note due to the size of our horses we currently have a weight limit of 11.5 stone.
What we offer:
- We use reward-based training with our horses, based upon equine ethology and the science of emotions
- Positive reinforcement / clicker training
- Rider biomechanics
- Stable management
- Intensive training courses – for those wishing to advance further in both horse care and riding.
- Pole work and show jumping
- Training for riders with their own horse
- We also offer guided lead rein countryside hacks as a whole or part of a lesson
We educate our riders to:
- Recognise each horse as an individual with unique preferences
- Develop a mindful and positive approach to riding and training horses
- Communicate with the horse effectively to achieve a positive partnership
- Foster confidence and joy in both you and the horse
- Achieve good balance and to ride effectively
Matt Purland – qualified experienced riding instructor (Coaching level 3 horse care). With a lifetime of experience Matt is dedicated to horses, sympathetic to complete beginners and happy to train more advanced riding in dressage and jumping. He is also training to become a qualified equine podiatrist.
Samantha Purland – Sam learnt to ride at Plum Pudding Riding School at age 3, and developed an interest in alternative horsemanship many years ago. Among her qualifications she has completed a Clicker Training for Horses Foundation course. With a gentle approach to riding and training, both nervous and experienced riders will grow in confidence. Sam is also hoping to gain a qualification in Equine Sports Massage.
Pony parties and days
Fun instruction and gymkhana games for birthday, hen parties or other celebratory events.
|Lesson type||Price (per person)|
|Riding hat hire||£1|
|Body Protector hire||£1|